Dr Muhammad Akib WARRAICH has worked at various international business schools around the world including Rennes School of Business, France and IPE Management School, Paris and UK. He has also supervised research theses of more than twenty-five international MSc students in France. Currently, he is working as Assistant Professor at SBE, UMT. Dr Akib is an expert of teaching advanced Marketing courses at BBA, MBA and PhD level. He is also a consultant and a trainer of franchising in Pakistan and abroad.
- PhD in Marketing from University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
- Master of Marketing from University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France
- Master of Business Economics from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Commerce from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
His corporate experience includes working as a project director with foreign companies for four years in Africa and Pakistan.
- Luxury Marketing
- Brand Management
- Services Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing Management
- Retail Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- International Marketing
- International Strategy
- Export Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Franchising Strategy
- Social Marketing
- Market Entry Decision
Communications at Conferences
Dr. Akib has presented his academic research in various national and international conferences.
1. Zahra, K. Khan, M.J. Warraich, M.A. Hussain, D., (2017). Ceo characteristics and the probability of financial distress; evidence from Pakistan. Paper presented at Business Leadership and Management Conference held at National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad, Pakistan. December 7.
2. Warraich, M.A., & Perrigot, R. (2016). Franchising in the education sector: How do Pakistani customers perceive this new phenomenon. Paper presented at the 30th Annual Conference of International Society of Franchising (ISoF) held at the University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands. June 09-11.
3. Warraich, M.A., & Perrigot, R. (2015). Social franchising in the education sector in Pakistan: A multi perspective approach. Paper presented at the 7th International Conference on Economics and Management of Networks (EMNet) held at University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. December 03-05.
4. Warraich, M.A., & Perrigot, R. (2015). Franchising in the education sector in Pakistan: Is it social franchising? Preliminary insights from franchisees. Paper presented at the 29th Annual Conference of International Society of Franchising (ISoF) held at the University of Oviedo, Spain. June 18-20.
5. Warraich, M.A., & Perrigot, R. (2015). The growth of social franchising in Pakistan: insights from the franchisee in the education sector. Paper presented at the 18th Conference of the European Association for Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) held at University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France. July 01-03.
6. Hussain, D. & Warraich, M.A. (2014). Franchise termination: A case study. Paper presented at International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Management, Penang, Malaysia. November 6-7.
Research Seminars, Workshops & Conventions
Dr. Akib has participated in multiple research seminars, workshops and conventions in many national and international events. Some details can be reached below.
1. Participated as session chair of Marketing and Management session at 1st International conference on action research in multidisciplinary perspective held at University of Management and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. March 19-20, 2018.
2. Presented doctoral work entitled “Franchising in social sectors: the case of education in Pakistan” at French-German Doctoral Seminar held at University of the Rennes 1, Rennes, France. June 14, 2016.
3. Presented a research seminar “Changing organizational environment and emerging entrepreneurial mechanisms” held at Department of Economics and Business Management, UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan. March 17, 2016.
4. Participated in a panel session at the 7th International Conference on Economics and Management of Networks (EMNet) about “Field collection of franchise data in emerging economies: Asia & Africa” held at University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa. December 3-5, 2015.
5. Presented doctoral work entitled “Social franchising in the education sector in Pakistan: A multi- perspective approach” at the Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM UMR CNRS 6211) University of Rennes 1, France. October 20, 2015.
6. Participated in a panel session on “Micro franchising and social franchising” during the International Workshop on Franchising, Retail & Services Chains held at the University of Rennes 1, Rennes, France. June 11-12, 2014.
7. Attended twenty three research workshops organized by Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains, Rennes, France. September, 2012 to 2017.
Dr. Akib has many research affiliations with national and international research centers.
1. Member of Editorial Board at “Journal of International Professional Managers Association”, UK.
2. Research member at Center in Franchising, Retail & Service Chains, Rennes, France.
Expertise for qualitative and quantitative research analysis: NVivo and SSPS
1. Warraich, M.A & Perrigot, R. (2017). Franchising in the education sector: How do Pakistani customers perceive this new phenomenon. Management and Governance of Networks – Franchising Cooperatives and Strategic Alliances. Springer – Physica-Verlag. Editors: Cliquet, G., Ehrmann, T., Hendrikse, G., & Windsperger, J. 91-108.
2. Perrigot, R & Warraich, M.A. (2016). Education franchises growing rapidly in countries with low public financing, inefficient administration. Franchise World, International Franchise Association (IFA). 43-44.