Dr. Safia Nosheen is Assistant Professor in the department of Finance, School of Business and Economics, University of Management and Technology, Lahore. She is serving the UMT since August 2015. Prior to joining the faculty of UMT she was serving the Management Sciences Department of Baluchistan University of Information Technology and Engineering and Management Sciences. She started her career as academician from Kohat University of Science and Technology in 2003.
Dr. Nosheen completed her Doctorate from Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok in December 2013. She obtained her Master degree in Business administration from Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok, in 2009. She got his bachelor degree from Gomal University of Pakistan.
Her areas of interest are Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, Islamic Finance, Risk Management and International Finance. She is also the member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Management Research, UMT, and Journal of Independent Study and Research-Management, Social Sciences and Economics, SZEBST, Karachi. She is also the reviewer of the international journals including Iranian journal of management sciences.
HEC Recognized Trainer
HEC Approved Supervisor
Editor in Chief Journal of Finance and Accounting Research JFAR
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (Finance) Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 2013
Master of Business Administration (Finance) Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 2009
Master of Business Administration (MBA, Finance) Pakistan, 2002
- Nosheen, S., Chonglerttham, S. (2013). Impact of Board Leadership and Audit Quality on Disclosure Quality: Evidence from Pakistan. International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, 10(4), 311-327. [HEC-HJRS Category: Y]
- Nosheen, S., Sadiq, R. & Rafay, A. (2016).The Primacy of Innovation in Strategic Financial Management -Understanding the Impact of Innovation and Performance on Capital Structure. In 2016 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT) (pp. 280-285). IEEE. [Index: Scopus/SJR]
- Nosheen, S., Haq,N.U. & Sajjad. M.F. (2018) Corporate Governance, Disclosure Quality and Cost of Equity: Evidence from Pakistan. Lahore Journal of Business. Vol. 6 (2). 63–91. [HEC Recognized Y category]
- Haq,N.U., Raja,A.A., Nosheen, S. & Sajjad. M.F. (2018). Determinants of Client Satisfaction in Web Development Projects from Freelance Market Places.International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 11 (3), 583-607. [HEC-HJRS Category: W].
- Sadiq,R., Nosheen,S. & Akhtar. W. (2020). The influence of Governance on Intellectual Capital in Textile Industry. The Influence of Governance on Intellectual Capital in Textile Industry. International Journal of Business and Society. 21 (1), 1-24 [HEC- HJRS category Y]
- Hassan, T.M., Nosheen, S. (2020). .Advertising Spend: Adoption of Islamic Banking in the Bottom of the Pyramid Market of Pakistan.International Journal of Management Research and Emerging Sciences, 10(1), 16-27. [HEC recognized Y category]
- Nosheen, S., Haq.N.U. & Khan, T.M. (2020). ASEAN Countries CG Disclosure Practices: A Comparative Analysis of one tier and Two Tier Board Structures.. Int. J. Business Governance and Ethics, 14(3), 317–335 [HEC-HJRS Category: Y]
- Khan, T.M., Nosheen, S. & Haq, N.U. (2020). Corporate Governance Mechanism and Comparative Analysis of One -Tier and Two -Tier Board Structures: Evidence from ASEAN Countries.. International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, 17(1), 61-72. [HEC-HJRS Category: Y]
- Nosheen, S., Khan, T. M. & Rehman, F. U. (2020). SME'S Exports are influenced by Different Risk Factors: Empirical Study of Emerging Economy. Journal of Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies, 6 (1), 201-218. HEC Y Category
- Sadiq, R., Nosheen, S. (2020). Determining the Impact of Intangible Assets on Intellectual Capital and Competitive Advantage in Banking: The Lahore Journal of Business, 5(1), 1-16. [HEC recognized Y-Category]
- Hassan, T.M., Nosheen, S., Alam,T. (2020). Adoption of Islamic Banking: A Comparative Analysis in the Base of Pyramid Markets of Pakistan: Academic Journal of Social Sciences 4(3), 612-631. HEC Recognized Y Categor
- Le, X., Nosheen, S., Haq, N.U., Gao, X. (2021). Value Creation During Fourth Industrial Revolution: Use of Intellectual Capital by Most Innovative companies of the world: Technological Forecasting and Social Change, [HEC-HJRS Category W (Platinum)]
- Zhang,N., Wang,A., Haq,N.U., Nosheen S.(2021). The impact of COVID-19 shocks on the volatility of stock markets in technologically advanced countries . Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, HJRS Category W (Bronze)
Conference Papers Presented
- Determinants of Disclosure Quality in Pakistani Corporate Culture 3rd SAICON: International Conference on Management, Business Ethics and Economics (ICMBEE), December 28-29, 2011. Lahore, Pakistan
- Earnings and Capital Management through Loan Loss Provisions: Comparison of Islamic and Conventional banks: Evidence from Pakistan, Islamic Finance Banking and Business Ethics Global Conference (IFBBE), March 26-27, 2016
- The Impact of Free Cash Flows on Firm’s Performance: Evidence from Textile Sector of Pakistan, 6thICoBM on “Human Capital, Technology and Entrepreneurship: Competitive Advantage and Economic Opportunities” October 26-27, 2016
- Impact of multiple directorship on board meeting frequency : The case of non financial sector of Pakistan International conference on Business and Management perspectives in the Asia Context: Challenges and Prospects, October 20-22, 2016
- Driving Customer Loyalty in Islamic Banking: Evidence from Pakistan, Global Forum 2017 Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking, January 25-26, 2017.UMT,Lahore,Paksitan
- Corporate Governance, Disclosure Quality and Cost of Equity: Evidence from Pakistan. 5th Annual Business Research Conference, April 21-22, 2017. LSE, Lahore, Pakistan
- Estimation of expected returns: Application of FF three and five factor model in a developing economy. 12th Asian Academy of Management International Conference 2017
- The role of corporate governance in innovation: understanding the impact of corporate governance index on value added intellectual capital in an emerging economy . 12th Asian Academy of management international conference 2017
- Impact of Value addition and value creation on Firm’s performance: Case of most innovative companies of the world. 7th Asian Management Research and case conference
- Evolution of Corporate Governance Practices in SAARC Region. International conference on creating inclusive organizational and public spaces
- Corporate Governance Mechanism to Improve Disclosure Quality of the Firms: A Comparative Analysis of One-Tier and Two-Tier Board Structures; Evidence from ASEAN Countries. AAGBS International Conference on Business Management 2018.25 & 26 July 2018 , UiTM Cawangan Melaka Kampus Bandaraya Malaysia
- On the Intersection of Intangible Assets, Risk Strategy and Intellectual Capital – An Analysis of the Banking Sector in Pakistan. The 13th Asian Academy of Management International Conference 2019 (AAMC2019) 8th - 10th October 2019, The Wembley, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Strategic Financial Management in Financial Firms: Risk Impacts on Intellectual Capital and Competitive Advantage in Banking Sector. 2nd International Conference on Business and Entrepreneurship Research (ICBeR) 19 – 21 February 2020 Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Bahawalpur Pakistan.