Aly holds a degree of Masters in International Business from Helsinki (Finland) and is currently pursuing his Ph.D in the field of management from UMT. He has vast experience of working with corporate Pakistan for over a decade where he worked as a consultant & trainer for various organizations. Aly reverted back to academia and is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the School of Business and Economics (UMT) in an academic capacity. He is also the Director Out Bound Training at the Center for Executive Education (CEE), where he works as a Bespoke Corporate Trainer, Consultant and Intervention specialist.
Aly has been delivering lectures, conducting workshops and being an ardent speaker at many conferences. He has authored several articles, research papers and written case studies which have been subsequently published in international journals of high standing. His key areas of interest are in the fields of Strategic Management and Policy, HR Development, Knowledge Management, and International Business.
Aly has flair for developing new courses, teaching and conducting executive trainings. Having extensively travelled to the continents of North America, Europe, Asia and Middle East, has helped him innovate his teaching andragogy and training expertise by using innovative teaching tools such as experiential learning techniques and case study teaching methodologies to his classes. This helps him to teach and train students and executives at the undergraduate and graduate levels. He is a firm believer in self-reflection and continuous development.
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- International Business
CORPORATE TRAININGS CONDUCTED:
- Negotiations: Processess and Strategy
- Management In the 21st Centaury [Leading and Controlling Resources]
- Knowledge Managment in Organizations.
- Crafting Business Strategies: An analysis of business environment and industry
- Crafting Business Strategies for Corporate and Strategic Business Unit levels
- HR Capacity Building in 21st century
- Cluster Development & SME’s in Pakistan.
- Strategic frameworks for strategy formulation and execution
- Management & Controlling
- Brand Activation (Lahore Chamber of Commerce)
- Modalities of international trade (Civil Services Group)
- Leadership and Time Management (SEAL)
PROJECTS & CONSULTANCIES:
- Worked as strategic consultant for the prepration of feasibility study for UMT Sailkot Project.
- Worked as Marketing Consultant with Interloop Pakistan for launching their hosiery product line.
- Worked with Kohinoor Looms (Pvt) Ltd for operational startup of 78 Sulzer Air Jet Looms.
- Worked as a management consultant for launching a Retail Brand at Gulberg, Lahore, for a 1500 sq.ft covered area outlet cum studio for High End Men’s Exclusive Designer Wear.
- Director Outbound Trainings-Center for Executive Education (December 2016-till date)
- Director MBA Corporate Strategy Weekend and MBA Executive Programs-School of Business and Economics-UMT: June 2011 till date
- Assistant Professor-Department of Management-School of Business and Economics-UMT. Feb 2010 till date
- Director New Business Development: KSPL (Pvt) Ltd. (Nov 2006 till January 2010)
- Senior Consultant: Kaizen Businesses International (Sep 1996-NOV 2006)
- PhD Candidate-University of Management and Technology. Nov 2012 till date (In Progrsess)
- Masters In International Business from The Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration. Helsinki Finland
- Masters In Business Administration (Marketing) from The Punjab College of Business Administration
Worked as Visiting Faculty at:
- University of Management Technology: (2008-Feb 2010)
- The University of The Punjab: (1997-2010)
- University of Central Punjab: (1997-2009)
- Institute of Management Sciences (2004-2009)
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION
- Certificate of Participation in 1st, 2nd & 3rd International Conference on Business and Management (2011, 2012 & 2013)
- 3rd Best Greaduate of MBA Class
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Role of Organizational Vision and Adaptability in Knowledge Management (2013). Problems and Perspectives in Management, Vol. 12, Iss. 2
- Case Study: Pakistan Food and Beverages Company (PFBC): Being Great Without Leaving Good. South Asian Journal of Business and Management Cases (Sage). Accepted for June 2014 Issue.
- “Creating Multiple Fits Between Business Strategy, Knowledge Strategy and Knowledge Transfer Activities", International Conference on Business Management at UMT Lahore February 27-28, 2013.
- Social Capital and Knowledge Sharing as Determinants of Academic Performance. Accepted by Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management (2013).
- The impact of Strategic orientation on firm’s financial and non- financial performance
- Focus group as a qualitative research methodology: “A dual perspective of operational employees and higher management- Pakistani Banking Industry”. 1st Doctoral Conference 7th December, 2013, School of Business and Economics, University of Management and Technology
PUBLICATIONS IN PROCESS:
- Reviewing thematic underpinning of globalization by investigating the application of the Stolper-Samuelson theorem on existing global trade.
- The impact of Strategic orientation on firm’s financial and non- financial performance by using the Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprise (STROBE) typologies.
- Identify the right fits and transfers of knowledge strategies with business strategies.
- Effects of Transactional vs. Transformational Leadership styles in public vs. private sector organizations of Pakistan.
- Chronological works of KM Guru: Dr. Karl-Erik Sveiby
- 5th AMDIP Conference on Management Challenges and Business Transformation (20th -22nd November 2015) Lahore School of Economics.
- 2nd Deans and Directors NBEC Conference (9-11 February 2015) Marriot Hotel Karachi
- 1st Deans and Directors NBEC Conference (January 27-28, 2014) Serena Hotel Islamabad
- 1st Doctoral Conference University of Management and Technology
- 3rd International Conference Assessing Quality in Higher Education (6th-8th December, 2010). Punjab University. Lahore Pakistan
- 3rd International Conference on Business Management-(ICoBM). February 27-28, 2013. University of Management and Technology. Lahore Pakistan
- 2nd International Conference on Business Management-(ICoBM). 28th-29th March 2012, University of Management and Technology. Lahore Pakistan
- 1st International Conference on Business Management-(ICoBM). March 28-29, 2011 Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore Pakistan.
- Member of various standing and Ad hoc committies of UMT and SBE.
- Reviewer for the Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, PNP (Public & Nonprofit) Division. [August 5 - 9, 2016 n Anaheim, CA. USA]